Saturday, January 14, 2012

The First Week.....


                Well, the first week is over! To my knowledge it was a success; no one hates me yet. I actually had fun at some point this week! I didn’t know that teaching would be so hard. So, props to all you teachers out there! My first lesson plan last Monday took me about three hours. I just made another lesson plan on Sunday and it only took me like two and a half hours. I think that I am getting the hang of all this! One thing that I have really enjoyed is getting to plan when they have homework and quizzes to do.
                Ok, now on to information besides teaching. On Satuday morning, early, about 5:00am I was sleeping and I heard some commotion our side of our apartment. I just heard two guys yelling back and forth and then there was a woman yelling also. I had no idea what they were saying it was all in Marsharllese. So, to my curiosity I went and looked out our window and it was two intoxicated grown men fighting each other. I heard the fists smacking against the face and then one of them took a pipe, or something hard, and started to hit the other one. When we headed out to church I saw dried up blood from the fight that morning. I have no idea what they were fighting for, but come on guys really….
                Now, to a positive note! I went to shell island today. This island is attached to Ebeye by a gravel road. I got to go on my first spear fishing adventure. Right away when we started we saw this manatee just gliding in the water; so cool! Here I am just about to be done spear fishing and I take one more dive down to about 13 feet and I speared this little blue fish. Supposedly it is edible. So I am going to try it tonight sometime! It was a very relaxing Sunday here in the islands.

Until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like paradise! It's very hot here in Honduras, but lacking the spear-fishing in my parts. Enjoy those reefs!

    ReplyDelete